Are Unicorns real?....Or am I dreaming?

The life Team Rockley lives right now seems about as real as taking an afternoon flight with a few unicorns. A little over a year ago, I never wanted anything more out of this life than to be able to raise my children without rushing around at 5am to push everyone out of the door and rushing around again at 6pm to get everyone fed, bathed, and to sleep. Secondly, I dreamed of a life with a tight-knit group of friends. Graham and I worked hard for years to make
the former happen, which has enriched our lives immensely, and frankly, those closest to me as I was not a very pleasant person to be around during those dual-parent-full-time-working-with-two-2-year-olds-and-a-four-year-old days. The latter has unexpectedly fallen in my lap during our 1st eleven months in the great state of Colorado. I only dreamed of friends who run to each others aid at the drop of a hat, watch each others  kids so husbands and wives get a minute to themselves, make food together several times per week, and share the real-life moments of frustration, struggles, and happiness of being mothers, wives, and friends.

Alastair started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago; it's gone on without a hitch! Maisy and Francis began school at a cooperative preschool two of my girlfriends and I planned over some green tea lattes on a back patio one morning a few weeks back. During my SAHM fantasies, I came up with a lot of {possibly outlandish} things I would do with my babies if only I didn't work; co-op preschool was not one of them, but I could not be happier about getting the privilege to educate my two three year olds! My husband tells me I get too wordy sometimes....so I guess what I'm trying to say with my many words is that I have never been more appreciative and genuinely happy about about where life has lead us than I am right now! Cheers to living like I'm flying among the unicorns!!! 

School supply shopping date with mom; Alastair chose to ride bikes to Einstein Brothers for breakfast.

Kindergartener's choice dinner on First Day of School Eve. Crab Legs!...that kid has expensive taste!



Arriving to his first day of Kindergarten.





 
  I know two little girls who were super excited about their first day of co-op preschool!



All About Me sensory bin with school friends. 


One more important detail worth mentioning.....I have mad love for the man/husband/father who made all of the above possible! He and I have been in this bless-ed union for TEN YEARS! I will leave you with the lyrics to a song that sums us up: 


 Slow down, we've got time left to be lazy
All the kids have bloomed from babies into flowers in our eyes
We've got fifty good years left to spend out in the garden
I don't care to beg your pardon, we should live until we die

Cheers to LIVING until we die! 
#Tinfinity
#HolyLongPost

A small snip-it of our Tinfinity Adventures. 

Ten years and a family of five!
Our friends met us at a little mountain winery for our ten year anniversary (Tinfinity) party. Those couple of hours were a beautiful beyond words, simple celebration for many reasons. Thankfully, friends took our children so we could stay the night at the inn and participate in a couple of treacherous mountain/river adventures alone.

This Cake!!!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts